R.N. Coding Specialist / Nurse Auditor
At Vatica Health we are on a Mission to improve the quality of healthcare and keep populations healthy at a lower cost. We innovate and deliver scalable, end-to-end technology solutions and value-add clinical services that enable Providers, Payers and Patients to THRIVE in the new world of value-based care. We are a fast growth, early stage, small company solving today’s most complex problems with a talented team of disruptors, inventors and change agents who are not satisfied with the status quo and crave to make a difference. We are a ‘Powered Health’ portfolio company supported by a network of resources, experience and industry connections.
The Problem: The shift to value-based care is challenging. Providers like the infrastructure, expertise, technology, services, payer-alignment and patient-engagement to effectively improve the cost and quality of care.
Our Solution: Vatica Health pioneered the delivery of the industry’s first Provider-centric, Risk Adjustment and Quality (PRAQTM) solution that measures and improves care quality and performance to accelerate the transition to value-based care. We provide innovative technology and services that measurably improve care quality and outcomes, payer and provider financial performance and overall population health.
Working at Vatica Health – Do You Have What It Takes?
We are seeking smart, hands-on, driven, collaborative team players with a thirst for learning and quest for new experiences to join us on our amazing ‘rocket ride’. You have an entrepreneurial spirit that burns inside and a passion for producing amazing work that measurably impacts our industry. You crave the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with industry experts to support your continual learning and customize your own career track. Our work environment is virtual – “in the cloud” – no cubes, walls or doors. We leverage state-of-the-art technology to communicate, collaborate and get work done - fast. We focus on results, not inputs. We are flexible, fun and focused. If this sounds like an environment that you would thrive in – we want to talk to you!
As R.N. Coding Specialist / Nurse Auditor, you will be part of our Risk Adjustment coding department and routinely review cases, eventually managing a team of coders. You will also help in making coding policy decisions for Vatica Health. This position will be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office and will work both in the office and remotely.
· Independently audit clinical documentation to ensure accuracy
· Routinely review cases ensuring accurate ICD-10 risk-adjusted coding and clinical documentation. Opportunity to manage a team of risk-adjustment certified coders
· Assist in making coding policy decisions for Vatica
- Continually keep abreast of technology changes, regulatory issues, and medical practice through ongoing training and self-directed research and share with others, accordingly
- Share ideas that offer process improvements and train others team members, accordingly
- Maintain AACCA, AAPC CRC Certification.
· Experience working as a Registered Nurse
· Risk adjustment coding experience (3 years) and/or the AAPC CRC certification.
· Working knowledge of ICD-10 guidelines and appropriate clinical documentation.
· Experience reviewing clinical cases
· Experience with developing coding policies and helping to make coding policy decisions
· Current R.N. license
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· AACCA certified
· Must currently have AAPC CRC certification or be willing to complete the course and become certified within the first 3 months of employment. Vatica will cover the cost of the certification.
· Greater Atlanta, GA
No agencies please.
Please email resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Vatica Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.