Sunday, June 1, 2014

RN-Coder Student Demonstrates Importance of Nurses Knowing Coding

Hi, Joyce,
My name is Veronica Keene--I am taking your program working on the basic course now.  Just wanted to let you know that I am very excited about the program.  I actually am learning something!!  I work at Barnabas Health Corporate Care (Employee Health)  We had a extensive TB exposure and are in the midst of testing the employees.  In the system we use--Agility-it asks for a Diagnosis Code.  Because of your program I was able to find V74.1--Special screening examination for bacterial and spirochetal diseases--Pulmonary tuberculosis.  I brought it to the attention of the Coding Supervisor and she agreed that we could use that but for the annual PPD testing.  She thinks that V01 is more appropriate for the exposure. 
So, it's a start and gave me more enthusiasm to continue with the program.

Hopefully, I will be contacting you soon about testing.
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment